Monday, July 8, 2013

Week 9


After looking into the event codes with Amir, we decided to just record all of the events so that we could look at them after recording some data. Therefore, I changed the code I had written to record every event to a different file. We will now be able to observe both the quality and frequency of each random event.

We have now written scripts to record online sources, Linux random hardware events, and process statistics. With all of these sources done, we decided to begin looking into wifi signals. I downloaded the source code for the iwlib library. This code interfaces with the Linux kernel to retrieve the available wifi information. I took the relevant code and wrote a new program to record for each wifi source, its ESSID, frequency, quality and level. I am still working on finding a way to record the router mac address.

When I last spoke to Amir, he said he was going to buy a bluetooth dongle so that we could also look at available bluetooth signals in a similar manner as we are currently doing for wifi signals.

No comments:

Post a Comment